This accessibility statement applies to www.liverpoolinwork.co.uk. This website is run by Liverpool in Work which is made up of two initiatives:
- Liverpool in Work – based in local venues such as communities centres and libraries, offering advice and guidance for local people, to help them into appropriate training and job opportunities across the city and beyond. The Liverpool in Work Business Team helps local businesses tap into the pool of local labour, and to access products, services and funding from Liverpool in Work and our partners. These staff offer advice to businesses on recruitment, training and retention issues. Liverpool in Work is funded by Government and European funding and is therefore able to offer its services free of charge. This funding includes European Social Fund, Youth Employment Initiative and the Department for Work and Pensions.
- Liverpool Ways to Work – part-funded by the European Social Fund and the Youth Employment Initiative as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England.
Using accessibility tools on this site
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some live video streams do not have captions
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 20 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, email email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone
During office hours: Jobseekers – please call 0151 233 5312. Employers – please call 0151 233 1933.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Liverpool in Work is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services, and forms published as Word documents. By September 2020, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23rd September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This accessibility statement was prepared on 16th October 2020. It was last reviewed on 16th October 2020. This website will be tested on launch and a full accessibility report will be shared on this page.